What is information assurance?
Information assurance—also known as IA and InfAs—is the process of ensuring that the right people have access to the right information at the right time and managing information-related risks.
More specifically, information assurance practitioners protect and defend information and information systems by ensuring confidentiality, integrity, authentication, availability and non-repudiation. These goals are relevant whether information is in storage, processing, or transit, and whether threatened by malice or accident.
So what does the IAC want to do, and how?
The IAC Vision
Be a national leader in cyber security research, education, training and outreach.
The IAC Mission
Lead research initiatives of national importance and provide comprehensive education, training, and outreach programs through:
- A comprehensive research portfolio including both fundamental and applied research
- Security education and training
- Educational pathways to grow the cyber workforce
- Security literacy and outreach to all
- Partnerships with government, industry and academia
Chair, Information Assurance Center
Cyber Security Advisory Council, IA Research Consortium, Iowa Cyber Alliance, IT-Olympics