The ISU Information Assurance Center (IAC) and the ISU Information Technology Services (ITS) have partnered to address the increased complexity of security and the growing demand for and educated workforce. This partnership has led to a stronger security posture for the campus and increased opportunities for the students. To aid in this partnership Iowa State University has created a Cyber Security Advisory Council (CSAC). The CSAC will provide input and guidance to the IAC and ITS with the goal of improving the security posture on campus and to help enhance the cyber security research, education, and outreach missions of ISU.
- Provide insight into emerging cyber threats and trends
- Provide input into the security curriculum (Grad, Undergrad, K-12)
- Provide input into the security outreach efforts
- Provide guidance into new and emerging research opportunities
- Provide guidance for the state wide cyber security test-bed
- Provide input and best practices for cyber security across campus