Iowa State University has offered undergraduate and graduate courses in information assurance since 1995 and has one of the largest programs in the country. Undergraduate students with varying backgrounds have several options to grow in cyber security. Graduate degrees can be obtained on or off campus through several departments. For information on the Engineering-LAS Online Learning program, visit www.eol.iastate.edu.
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers several paths for undergraduates wishing to study cyber security.
- Cyber Security Engineering Degree
- Cyber Security Minor
- Graduate-level Information Assurance courses offered to Computer Engineering students
- Computer security literacy course offered to students with little to no computing background
Several departments across campus—including Electrical and Computer Engineering, Political Science, Management Information Systems and Mathematics—offer the Master of Science in Cyber Security degree.
Iowa State offers three on-campus graduate degree options:
- Master of Science with Thesis
- Master of Science with Creative Component
- Ph.D. in a home department (Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics) with a focus on Information Assurance
Iowa State offers four off-campus graduate degree options: